The size of the plate is 120 x 40 cm, and then a sod covers half a square meter of surface.
The quantity ordered means in meters, this means that if you write in the field the Area of the '100' you will receive 200 rolls of lawn capable of covering a surface of 100 square meters.
The meadows residential and sports fields in temperate climates. Ideal for football fields, golf, tennis and bowls. Very useful in all the situations of the flooring for intense people and/or dogs.
Resistance to temperatures
Excellent resistance to heat, vegeta up to 45°C. In the winter, if it is exposed permanently to minimum temperatures on average fall below 10°C, the beginning of the entry into dormancy, characterized initially by a growth interruption and subsequent discoloration. To the attainment of the threshold of 0°C has a total bleaching effect with a yellow straw, very clear and uniform. Poor resistance to cold, afraid of frost, deep (tolerate it for short periods up to max -10°C), especially if prolonged. In temperate climates usually enters dormancy in the month of October and then rinverdirsi in the month of march.
NB. the Cynodon is part of the family of the "Macroterme", then it tends to go dormant (that is, to stop the growing process) with temperatures falling below 15°C, therefore it is only suitable in areas with predominantly mild/hot climate. We do not recommend its use in mountainous areas or in general in the centre and north of Italy. For this characteristic it is possible to its transplantation only in the months from April to September.
Resistance to impact
Excellent, also covers very quickly the areas thinned out by the presence of stolons.
Practically nothing, it requires full sun.
The cutting height is recommended to be between 1.7 and 2.5 cm, and can be done with the mower blades in helical or rotary. During the winter months, the cutoff frequency is drastically reduced up to zero in the case of entry into dormancy.
How it is made and shipped
After the purchase, the customer is contacted by our delivery office to agree on the exact day of delivery. The carpet is "zollato" and shipped on the same day to ensure that they arrive fresh to the customer.
The transport and delivery
The lawn is prepared on special pallets, which are entrusted to the courier arrangement with suitable means for fast transportation. The discharge by the customer will be made by the carrier with vehicles equipped with hydraulic tail lifts or cranes to ensure a quick and easy dumping.
- Clod size (cm)
Rolled Lawn Installation
It is necessary to lay the lawn within 24 hours of delivery to ensure its integrity.
1. Removal of any coarse residue from the soil (organic and non-organic).
2. Total elimination of weeds: weeding based on glyphosate and false sowing if necessary.
3. Processing of the substrate if there is an excessively compact and asphyxiated ground. Correct the soil if it is excessively silty or sandy, in the first case with peat and in the second case with sand or lapillus.
4. Accurate leveling to avoid harmful water stagnation. Keep the ground level at least 2 cm below the level of sidewalks or walkways in general.
5. Fertilization based on PK to stimulate the root development of the root ball.
6. Laying the lawn: carefully arrange the clods and mount them offset. In very large plots, irrigate as you lay to avoid dehydration of the lawn, especially in the summer season. Do not use small pieces of sod as they quickly become dehydrated. Once the laying has been completed, make sure the carpet adheres to the underlying ground (rolling), to eliminate air pockets that would prevent it from rooting.
7. Irrigate abundantly as soon as the lawn has been laid. In the following days, make sure that the water supply always keeps the clod and the underlying soil very humid to help root it. It is advisable to irrigate in the coolest hours of the day: early morning. About a week to 10 days after installation you should no longer be able to lift the clods.
8. Gradually decrease irrigation trying to accustom the turf to the lowest possible water supply depending on the terrain, sun exposure and season.
9. Preventive fungicide treatment , especially in the summer season.
10. First mowing of the lawn about 10 days after installation e always collection of the cut.
11. There are no seasonal limits for the installation of the lawn, it is good practice, however, in case of installation at high temperatures, to prevent fungal attacks with specific products and never install in the presence of frozen ground.
12. Fertilization: slow release fertilizers are recommended to avoid scalding of the turf at the vegetative restart and in the autumn period.