Rolled Lawn Installation
It is necessary to lay the lawn within 24 hours of delivery to ensure its integrity.
1. Removal of any coarse residue from the soil (organic and non-organic).
2. Total elimination of weeds: weeding based on glyphosate and false sowing if necessary.
3. Processing of the substrate if there is an excessively compact and asphyxiated ground. Correct the soil if it is excessively silty or sandy, in the first case with peat and in the second case with sand or lapillus.
4. Accurate leveling to avoid harmful water stagnation. Keep the ground level at least 2 cm below the level of sidewalks or walkways in general.
5. Fertilization based on PK to stimulate the root development of the root ball.
6. Laying the lawn: carefully arrange the clods and mount them offset. In very large plots, irrigate as you lay to avoid dehydration of the lawn, especially in the summer season. Do not use small pieces of sod as they quickly become dehydrated. Once the laying has been completed, make sure the carpet adheres to the underlying ground (rolling), to eliminate air pockets that would prevent it from rooting.
7. Irrigate abundantly as soon as the lawn has been laid. In the following days, make sure that the water supply always keeps the clod and the underlying soil very humid to help root it. It is advisable to irrigate in the coolest hours of the day: early morning. About a week to 10 days after installation you should no longer be able to lift the clods.
8. Gradually decrease irrigation trying to accustom the turf to the lowest possible water supply depending on the terrain, sun exposure and season.
9. Preventive fungicide treatment , especially in the summer season.
10. First mowing of the lawn about 10 days after installation e always collection of the cut.
11. There are no seasonal limits for the installation of the lawn, it is good practice, however, in case of installation at high temperatures, to prevent fungal attacks with specific products and never install in the presence of frozen ground.
12. Fertilization: slow release fertilizers are recommended to avoid scalding of the turf at the vegetative restart and in the autumn period.